Automation, artificial intelligence, big data, and cloud computing have all advanced recruiting functions and enabled new possibilities for finding, attracting, and hiring the best candidates. In a data and technology-driven world such as today, recruitment technology is not a luxury but a necessity for any organization that wants to stay ahead of the competition and future-proof its hiring.
There are many types of recruitment technology available in the market, each with its own features, benefits, and challenges. We will explore four categories of recruitment technology tools that can help you streamline and optimize your hiring process. We’ll also take a look at some examples of the best tools in each category to help you make more informed decisions when it comes to optimizing your recruitment process with the right tool.
Where Recruitment Technology Is Needed Most
Recruitment technology can help agencies and recruiters automate, optimize, and enhance the recruitment process. It plays a vital role in talent acquisition today, as it can help businesses overcome some of the common challenges and opportunities in the hiring process, such as:
- Finding and reaching out to the right candidates: Recruitment technology can help you expand your reach and visibility to potential candidates by using various channels and platforms, such as job boards, social media, and career sites.
- Screening and evaluating candidates: Through the use of recruitment technology, you can streamline and automate the screening and evaluation process. Leveraging AI and machine learning, recruitment tools allow you to rank and match candidates based on their qualifications, skills, and fit.
- Scheduling and conducting interviews: Managing schedules has never been an easy task, especially job interviews. This is one of the reasons why recruitment technology can come in as a solution, as it helps you simplify and coordinate the interview process by using tools such as scheduling interviews, booking video conferences and standardizing/centralizing interview questions and feedback processes across organizations.
- Onboarding and engaging new hires: Recruitment technology can help improve the onboarding process by providing new hires with the necessary information, training, and support. It can also help you create a positive and engaging employee experience by using tools such as gamification, social media, and feedback.
Goes without saying that recruitment technology is an essential tool for businesses to succeed in the modern and competitive talent market. Now, let’s learn more about the types of recruitment tools and see which one fits your hiring needs the most.
Recruitment Technology Tools: Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
An Applicant Tracking System (ATS) is software designed to help recruiters and HR professionals efficiently manage the flow of candidates throughout the hiring process. It allows you to post job openings, collect and store resumes, track applicants’ status, communicate with candidates, schedule interviews, as well as generate reports and analytics. An ATS also comes with the ability to integrate with other recruitment technology and tools to create a seamless hiring experience.
Manatal is a cloud-based ATS, driven by an AI engine and automation technology to simplify and enhance your hiring process. Manatal understands that is getting harder and harder to reach out to candidates and expand your talent pool. That is why it’s tuned with innovative features that allow you to post jobs across 2500+ channels, as well as advertise your employer’s brand to attract the right talent through a customizable career page. Plus, going through information and data of can be done within a few clicks via Manatal’s accessible and manageable database. Last but not least, Manatal’s ATS comes with the ability to generate comprehensive reports and analytics to help you improve a better strategy for your next recruitment.
- Professional plan: $15/user/month.
- Enterprise plan: $35/user/month.
- Custom plan: Includes all Enterprise features plus custom features, integrations, and support.
Recruitment Technology Tools: Candidate Assessment Software
Candidate assessment software is software that evaluates candidates and employees based on skills, behavior, or personality traits to help companies and HR departments make informed hiring decisions. While these solutions examine necessary skill sets, they more often identify potential mitigating factors and indicators of future success, such as cognitive abilities, work style, reactions to certain situations, and job-specific competencies. This is separate from technical skills screening software that examines a candidate’s technical skills like IT, engineering, coding, finance, or customer service.
Some of the best candidate assessment software tools in the market are:
Criteria Corp provides pre-employment testing services designed to help you assess candidates’ aptitude, personality, and skills. You can choose from over 20 tests covering various areas, such as cognitive abilities, personality traits, emotional intelligence, and job-specific skills. You can also customize your tests or use Criteria Corp’s job profiles to match your roles with the best tests.
- Professional: The price is not disclosed
- Talent Success Suite: The price is also not disclosed. You can contact Criteria Corp for more information.
VidCruiter is a comprehensive recruitment suite that offers video interviewing, automated referencing, skills testing, and personality profiling. VidCruiter comes with features that allow you to conduct live or pre-recorded video interviews with candidates and collaborate with your hiring team, automating the reference-checking process by sending customized questions to referees and collecting their feedback online, creating and administer skills tests to measure candidates’ abilities and knowledge in various domains and levels. It can also be integrated with your existing ATS, HRIS, or CRM systems to streamline your workflow and data management.
- VidCruiter’s pricing plan is not disclosed on its website. You can visit VidCruiter for more information.
Recruitment Technology Tools: Candidate Onboarding Software
Candidate onboarding software is software that helps recruiters and hiring managers manage the process of welcoming and integrating new hires into the organization. It allows them to provide new hires with the necessary information, documents, and resources to start their job successfully. It also helps them monitor and track new hires’ progress, feedback, and engagement during the onboarding period. Candidate onboarding software can also help improve the new hire experience, reduce turnover, and increase productivity and performance.
Some of the best candidate onboarding software tools in the market are:
Enboarder is a cloud-based candidate onboarding software that helps you create and deliver personalized and engaging onboarding experiences for your new hires. It allows you to design and implement onboarding journeys, such as pre-boarding, orientation, training, and feedback, using templates, drag-and-drop functionality, and branding options. It also helps you communicate and interact with new hires via email, SMS, and mobile app, and send them surveys, quizzes, and polls to measure their satisfaction and engagement.
- Enboarder’s pricing plan is not disclosed on its website. You can visit Enboarder for more information.
WorkBright is a mobile-friendly candidate onboarding software that enables you to send and receive all the required paperwork, such as forms, documents, and policies, online and on any device. It also helps you verify and validate the information and documents provided by new hires, such as identity, background, and credentials, and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. You can use WorkBright to provide new hires with training materials, videos, and resources, and track their completion and progress. WorkBright also integrates with other tools, such as payroll, benefits, and ATS, to make your onboarding process more seamless and efficient.
- Starter: For companies hiring up to 100 employees per year
- Growth: For companies hiring over 100 per year
- Premium: For companies hiring more than 1k per year with complex technical needs
- The prices for these three plans are not disclosed on WorkBright’s website. You can contact WorkBright for more information.
Recruitment technology is a key factor in ensuring your hiring process is effective, efficient, and future-proof. By using the right tools and platforms, you can find, attract, and hire the best talent for your roles, and provide them with a positive and memorable onboarding experience. Recruitment technology can also help you save time and money, improve your employer brand, and support your business goals and growth.