If you are a recruiter, you know how important it is to post your job openings on various platforms to reach and attract potential candidates. Job posting is one of the main approaches to attracting and acquiring talent today. However, not all platforms are equally effective or suitable for your hiring needs. One of the most powerful and popular platforms for job posting is Facebook. With over 2.9 billion monthly active users , Facebook is the largest social media network in the world. However, posting a job on Facebook is not as simple as it sounds. ‘How to post a job on Facebook, and how do I make it visible to the right people?’ many recruiters might have wondered at some point. In this article, we’ll be looking at the options and strategies you have at your disposal to make the Facebook platform work for you.
Why Post a Job on Facebook of All Places?
Facebook is not just a platform for socializing and entertainment. It is also a platform for professional networking and career development. 83% of job seekers are active on Facebook while 66% of companies are looking for candidates via Facebook.  This means that there is a high chance that your ideal candidates are already on Facebook, and you can reach them by posting your job ads there.
Posting a job on Facebook has many benefits for recruiters, such as:
- Increasing your brand awareness: By posting your job ads on Facebook, you can showcase your company culture, values, and mission to potential candidates. You can also share stories, testimonials, and achievements of your employees and customers to build trust and credibility. This way, you can attract candidates who share your vision and fit your culture.
- Expanding your reach: You can reach a large and diverse audience of active and passive candidates. You can also target specific groups of candidates based on their location, education, skills, interests, and other criteria using Facebook’s advanced targeting features. As a result, you’ll be able to increase the quality and quantity of your applicant pool.
- Engaging with candidates: Posting job ads on Facebook can help you interact with candidates directly through comments, messages, and likes. At the same time, you can encourage them to share your job posts with their friends and networks to increase referrals. In the end, you can build relationships with candidates and keep them interested in your company.
- Saving time and money: By posting your job ads on Facebook, you can save time and money compared to other platforms. Facebook allows you to post jobs for free or for a low cost depending on your budget and goals. You can also track and measure the performance of your job posts using Facebook’s analytics tools. You’ll be able to optimize your recruitment strategy and improve your return on investment.
You can learn more about recruiting through Facebook in this article.
Job Posting Tricks: How to Post a Job on Facebook
1. Utilize Facebook’s Business Pages
Facebook’s business pages are a great way to showcase your company’s brand, culture, and values. You can use them to share updates, news, events, and stories that highlight your company’s achievements and goals. By creating a page for your company and regularly updating it with job postings, you can reach a wide audience of potential candidates who are interested in your industry and mission.
When creating a Facebook business page, make sure to include clear and detailed job descriptions and requirements, as well as an easy way for interested candidates to apply. A well-designed and engaging Facebook business page can help you attract and retain top talent for your organization.
2. Leverage Facebook Groups
Joining Facebook groups aligned with your industry or professional interests is an excellent way to connect with like-minded individuals and expand your network. Search for groups that are specific to your niche and actively participate in discussions. Engage with group members, share valuable insights, and build relationships to increase your chances of finding qualified candidates within these groups.
You can also create your own group if you want to start a community around a specific topic or cause. Make sure to follow the group rules and etiquette, and avoid spamming or self-promoting excessively. Instead, focus on providing value and relevance to the group members and creating a positive impression of your company.
3. Engage with Group Members
When posting a job in Facebook groups, engage with group members by asking questions and seeking their opinions. Participate in discussions and be responsive to comments or inquiries regarding job opportunities. By showing a genuine interest in the group’s topics and connections, you attract potential candidates who are actively seeking employment.
To engage with group members effectively, you need to understand their needs, challenges, and goals. You can use tools like polls, surveys, quizzes, or live Q&A sessions to gather feedback and insights from the group members. You can also use stories, testimonials, or case studies to showcase how your company can help them achieve their desired outcomes. By engaging with group members in a meaningful way, you can build trust and credibility for your company and increase the likelihood of referrals and applications.
4. Advertise Job Openings on Your Personal Page
While it’s important to maintain a level of professionalism on your personal Facebook page, don’t be afraid to share job postings with your friends and connections. You never know who in your network might be seeking new career opportunities or who might have connections to potential candidates. With a simple post, you can tap into the vast network of your personal connections and reach a wider audience.
In order to advertise job openings on your personal page effectively, you need to craft a compelling and concise message that highlights the benefits of working for your company. You can also use images, videos, or links to make your post more appealing and informative. Don’t forget to include a clear call-to-action that directs interested candidates to apply or contact you for more details. Here’s another tip, ask your friends and connections to share or tag anyone who might be interested in the job opening.
5. Be Selective When Joining Groups
While joining Facebook groups can be beneficial for networking and finding job candidates, it’s important to be selective about the groups you join. Choose groups that are relevant to your industry or career goals and have an active and engaged community. Being a member of too many groups can lead to overwhelm and make it challenging to keep up with notifications and conversations.
To be selective when joining groups, you need to do some research before joining any group. Check the group description, rules, members, posts, and engagement level to see if the group is suitable for your purpose. You can also use filters like location, privacy, or category to narrow down your search results. Join only the groups that align with your interests and objectives, and avoid joining groups that are inactive, irrelevant, or spammy.
6. Exit Inactive Professional Facebook Groups
Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the professional Facebook groups you have joined. If a group is inactive or unhelpful in terms of networking and job opportunities, it might be time to exit and focus your efforts on more worthwhile groups. By streamlining your group memberships, you can concentrate on engaging with active and valuable communities.
To exit inactive professional Facebook groups, you need to review the performance of each group periodically. You can use metrics like post frequency, engagement rate, response time, or quality of content to measure the value of each group. You can also use tools like Facebook Insights to analyze the data and trends of each group. If a group is not meeting your expectations or goals, you can leave the group by clicking on the three dots icon and selecting ‘Leave Group.’
7. Utilize Facebook as Your Job Search Resource
Research shows that 68% of recruiters use Facebook for hiring, ranking it as the second-highest source for quality candidates.  As a recruiter, it’s crucial to consider Facebook as a viable job search resource alongside platforms like LinkedIn. By actively utilizing Facebook’s features, engaging in groups, and promoting job opportunities, you can increase your chances of finding the perfect fit for your organization.
You need to optimize your profile, page, and posts for your target audience. You can use keywords, hashtags, or tags to make your content more searchable and relevant. You can also use tools like Facebook Marketplace to browse or post job listings directly on the platform or you can utilize Facebook Ads to create and track targeted campaigns to reach your ideal candidates.
In case you’re interested, we wrote an article about social recruiting as well. Check it out here.
Posting a job on Facebook is a great way to reach and attract talent for your hiring needs. By following the steps above, you can optimize your job search efforts and find the ideal candidates on Facebook quickly.
However, posting a job on Facebook is not enough to achieve your recruitment goals. You also need a powerful tool that can help you advertise your job post across multiple channels, source, and screen candidates from various sources, and manage your hiring process from start to finish.
That’s where Manatal comes in. It is a cloud-based recruitment applicant tracking system that helps you streamline and optimize your recruitment workflow with a few clicks. With Manatal, you can:
- Advertise your job post across multiple channels: You’ll have the power to share your job post on 2,500+ free and premium channels, including Indeed, LinkedIn, Monster, CareerJet, JobStreet, and many more in one go. You can also customize your job ads to match your brand identity and target audience.
- Source and screen candidates from various sources: Manatal allows you to source and screen candidates from various places like resumes, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and more. Plus, you can use its AI-powered features to enrich candidate profiles, rank candidates based on their fit, and filter candidates based on your criteria.
- Manage your hiring process from start to finish: Going through the hiring process as smoothly and as fast as possible is the key and Manatal can help you easily manage your hiring process from start to finish, from creating and assigning tasks, scheduling and conducting interviews and assessments, sending feedback and updates, to making offers and hiring decisions.
If you want to take your recruitment strategy to the next level, try Manatal’s 14-day free trial today.