We are seeking a focused, detail-oriented, and service-focused Barista to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience within the service and barista industries, with the ability to use various types of drink machines, and a good general knowledge of coffee. The focus of the role is to be the first point of contact for customers, taking their orders and delivering their orders to a high standard and in line with their expectations.
- Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner as they approach the counter.
- Make suggestions on beverages that they may like based on their input.
- Create and develop new menus for the café.
- Make all beverages (cold, hot, tea, coffee, etc) to the customer's specifications.
- Make recommendations on great accompanying products to have with their drinks, i.e. cakes, cookies, or other consumables.
- Ensure clients are aware of relevant ongoing promotions.
- Ensure that drinks are prepared to a high standard, using the correct ingredients asked for by the customers and present them well.
- Maintain a high level of hygiene within the café and barista area.
- Ensure the relevant drinks are served in the correct glasses/mugs/pots.
- up-sell extras such as whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, and other toppings.
- Monitor stock levels and ingredients and request orders from management for any items that need to be replenished.
- Load dirty wares into the dishwasher for washing in the absence of waitresses and waiters.
- Take cash or card payments from customers.
- Cash up/reconcile the till/cash drawer at the end of the shift.
- High School Diploma or above, plus 2 years of experience in the hospitality or catering business, experience as a barista would be highly desirable
- Current food hygiene badge issued by the relevant city/state/council
- Good knowledge of coffee, different styles, and types, and a knowledge of sustainability within the coffee industry
- Ability to upsell and cross-sell products
- Good understanding of food and drink hygiene
- Excellent customer service skills with a focus on outstanding service delivery
- Friendly and approachable demeanor
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team