We are seeking a talented Big Data Engineer to provide big data solutions. This position requires designing and maintaining data systems, producing dashboards to display big data results in real-time while working in a cross-team environment.
- Delivering big data solutions by building Hadoop-based data management systems.
- Develop cloud systems for data storage and transfer.
- Construct data visualization dashboards that deliver real-time key metrics for better decision-making.
- Translate high-level business needs into detailed system designs.
- Managing and optimizing communication lines between internal systems and between internal systems and third-party vendors.
- Collaborate with various departments to assist in decision-making regarding data-influenced decisions.
- Produce reports on data collected, methods of collection, and generated insights.
- Presentations key findings and insights to executive and operation teams.
- Training employees on data management and storage.
- For a range of projects and campaigns, collect and process raw data at scale.
- Design and construct data applications for a number of teams and projects.
- As needed and requested, read, extract, transform, stage, and load data into selected tools and frameworks.
- Integrate your work into our production systems by working closely with the engineering team.
- Transform unstructured data into an analysis-ready format.
- Analyze the data that has been processed.
- As needed, ad hoc analysis can be used to support business choices.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Experience engineering and analyzing data
- 3+ years minimum of working with big data
- Knowledge in programming languages including SQL, and Python
- In-depth knowledge of Spark, Hadoop, and SQL systems
- Familiarity with AWS and Mesos
- Phenomenal project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities
- Curious and problem-solving capabilities