We are in search of a Casting Director with extensive experience in the film industry to carry out events of casting for acting roles. The ideal Casting Director would have a strong eye for spotting talent and can organize efficient and productive casting calls and auditions.
- Coordinating with producers, directors, writers, and other consultants according to the needs of the productions.
- Schedule and lead auditions.
- Evaluate scripts and role traits.
- Determine casting requirements by reading scripts.
- Distribute information on available roles to talent agents and agencies.
- Discuss with directors, writers, and producers to find out what type of talent they want.
- Reviews resumes and photographs of actors and actresses.
- Select actors and actresses to be cast.
- Contact short-listed candidates or their agents to verify availability.
- Present a list of possible candidates to producers and directors.
- Issue casting calls for acting parts through relevant channels and conducting auditions with other personnel.
- Negotiate and finalize cost-effective contracts with actors or their agents.
- Search for replacements of actors when required.
- Coordinate between directors and actors on contractual matters and managing casting budgets.
- Degree in film or graduate of acting academies is preferred
- 5+ years in media, film, and other similar production, or 10+ years of notable acting experience
- 1+ years of casting experience
- Deep knowledge of scripting and analysis of it
- Broad understanding of the production
- Excellent eye for spotting talent
- Good communication and organizing skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Must be willing to travel and work long hours including evenings and weekends