We are seeking an adaptable, personable, and people-focused Employment Specialist to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the HR industry and have held a senior position with an HR department, particularly related to employment, labor, or recruitment. The focus of the role is to help the business be compliant in its hiring and employment efforts and functions and to deal with and implement changing laws and regulations into the department.
- Helping the HR department shortlist and screen relevant candidates.
- Organizing and sitting in on candidate interviews.
- Identifying all available roles across various departments and posting them onto job boards and other platforms as required.
- Coordinating with the relevant managers such as the HR manager to assist with the planning and implementation of employee salary brackets and bands.
- Maintaining, and updating accurate candidate information in the company database or CRM system as required.
- Writing and sending offer letters to candidates.
- Utilizing and monitoring the recruitment budget and providing justification for expenditure.
- Liaising with new hires to understand their post-placement experience and attain feedback on their experience.
- Create and present detailed and accurate recruitment reports to the relevant executives and managers.
- Keeping a track of employee retention rates, staff turnover rates and suggest improvement measures where applicable.
- Master’s degree or above in human resources, strategic management, business administration, or a related field or equivalent experience and education
- Demonstrated work experience in the Human Resources department as an employee relations specialist, or a similar role
- Complete understanding of HR practices, policies, procedures, and corporate structure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Effective time management and work prioritization of own workload
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve a common goal
- Experienced with all Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent eye for detail with active listening skills
- Motivated, forward-thinking attitude
- Reliable and dependable
- Excellent customer service skills