We are seeking a detail orientated, analytically minded, and data-driven Healthcare Data Analyst to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be data-focused with excellent analytical skills. The main focus of the role will be to provide analytics from data samples including patient records and clinical operations to provide feedback and insights to the functioning departments as required, along with streamlining processes and helping to reduce overall running costs whilst improving quality.
- Developing a good understanding of healthcare systems, procedures, and operations.
- Develop, update and maintain record-keeping processes.
- Extract and integrate data from various sources, for example, costs, claims, patient and clinical data.
- Investigate, evaluate and pre-process raw information.
- Investigate and analyze data to find irregularities and regularities and report them.
- Build and implement models that effectively capture healthcare information and operations in a broad range of services.
- Present and provide information in an easy-to-understand format, in the way of PowerPoint presentations or effective reports.
- Research and suggest improvements to aid in reducing cost whilst improving healthcare quality.
- Work with management and other internal teams to best implement and continuously evaluate improvements that are implemented.
- Bachelor's or above in Health Informatics, Mathematics, or related field
- Good knowledge of SQL tools and SAS
- Proven track record of using Extract, Transform and Load frameworks
- Able to effectively use and understand Enterprise Data Warehouse frameworks
- Good Solid knowledge of general healthcare procedures from an operational standpoint
- Proven experience of working in a data analytical environment with the use of Data Visualization methods is a benefit
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a data analysis role preferably within a healthcare setting
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to effectively break down data and provide reports from it
- Great communication skills to liaise with management, other team members, and stakeholders alike
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to break down and re-build potential problems and find effective fixes
- Excellent time management skills including prioritization of your own workload
- Ability to look at data for long periods of time and keep focused
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to constantly develop those skills
- Motivated to research and keep up to date with industry standards and new knowledge