We are hoping to employ an effective and organized Manufacturing Manager to oversee the daily operations of a manufacturing facility. They will coordinate, plan, and direct all the activities that go into the production process, improving efficiency and productivity.
- Establish goals for production, and coordinate a plan to meet those goals.
- Ensure production stays on schedule.
- Assure products meet quality standards.
- Write production reports.
- Analyze production data and optimize for efficiency.
- Direct an efficient layout of equipment and flow of materials.
- Ensure workers and equipment meet performance and safety requirements.
- Watch for hiccups in the process, and look for opportunities to improve operations.
- Hire, train, and assess the performance of workers.
- Support workers as questions, concerns, or feedback arise.
- Supervise staff and delegate tasks to employees.
- Communicate with other departments, such as the financial department to establish budgets, HR department to hire new workers, or the logistics department to ensure the delivery of products.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, business, or engineering
- Prior management and manufacturing experience is preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent team-building and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage cross-functional team members
- Technical competencies in manufacturing (e.g. technical drawings, blueprints, CAD/CAM)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other industry software