According to PWC Global Annual Review, the top challenges driving HR decisions include:
- Finding, attracting, and retaining talent
- Developing people to reach their full potential
- Creating collaborative work environments
- Improving the experience of the employee
- Workplace planning
So how exactly do you find a way as a recruiter to solve these issues? The answer lies in choosing the right recruitment sourcing tools.
As recruiting tools are constantly changing, improving, and increasing their capability to help reach potential employees faster than ever before, your business can significantly benefit from implementing the right system. It is a question of survival for businesses to create effective ways to obtain the best talents for their open positions while at the same time increasing productivity.
However, every recruiting software has different features and functionalities, so it's essential to compare and understand them all before choosing one for your team. In this blog post, we'll explore some of the top recruiting tools available in each category to help your business choose which recruitment sourcing tool is best suited for your needs.
1. Applicant Tracking Software
Applicant tracking software (ATS) is a recruiting tool that allows businesses to manage everything related to recruitment such as applications and resumes, job ads posting, track recruiting progress, organize and search candidate data, store files easily in one place, and automate many recruiting tasks. This is one of the most important recruiting tools you can invest in because of how much it will impact your recruitment operations. It allows your team to focus on more important matters such as getting to know candidates, rather than spending hours managing documents or scheduling interviews.
Benefits Of Applicant Tracking Systems
Did you know that more than 95% of recruitment agencies use an Applicant Tracking System to manage their applications and improve their recruiting process? It's clear that there's a need for ATS systems in recruiting. Here are a few of the benefits your business can experience from it.
- Easy Overview Of Applications: Applicant tracking systems allow recruiting teams to track and manage recruitment progress easily. It's an excellent way for your recruiting team to prioritize their workflow, as ATS will help you understand which applications need attention first and which just won't make the cut.
- Saves Time And Increases Efficiency: With an Applicant Tracking System, recruiters spend less time on menial tasks such as sorting through resumes or scheduling interviews since all of that information can now be found in one system. Instead, recruiting teams can focus on more important matters such as candidate outreach and engaging with candidates.
- Increases High-Quality Hires: A recruiting team can quickly source and reach more potential candidates with the help of an ATS. Furthermore, systems like Manatal can automatically score candidates based on specific keywords or skills to only present the best possible candidates for your open jobs. Another innovative feature included in Manatal is the social media enrichment feature, which allows recruiters to get to know their candidates at a deeper level and make better hiring decisions.
- Improves The Experience Of The Candidate: Good ATS systems provide a great recruiting experience for applicants by allowing them to easily apply and reducing the number of steps needed in filling out an application. This makes it easier for job seekers and ultimately increases the number of applications.
- Leverage Your Candidate Database: A strong candidate database is any recruiter’s best advantage. The issue is that candidate databases can become so big that it is not humanely possible to manually find the best candidates for any given position without the help of AI. This is where a feature like Manatal’s AI Recommendation becomes indispensable as it is able to scan thousands of candidate profiles and recommend in seconds only the best fits based on a job description.
Manatal: The Leading Applicant Tracking System
Manatal is a cloud-based Applicant Tracking System that provides recruiting teams with tools to help at each step of the recruitment process. With an easy-to-use interface and built with the latest technologies, Manatal has everything needed for recruiting teams to source, engage and hire top talent faster. What’s more, a 14-day free trial is available and pricing starts at only $15 per user per month.
Chatbots are computer programs designed to simulate conversation with human users over the Internet. They can be used in recruiting for various purposes, such as candidate outreach and recruitment communications. Chatbots allow you to engage with applicants at any time of day without having a recruiting team dedicated to managing your recruiting process 24/hrs a day. In fact, a recent study showed that Chatbots could handle 68.9% of chats from start to finish without needing any human intervention.
Benefits Of Chatbots
- Increase Candidate Engagement: If you're short on recruiting resources, using a chatbot is an effective way to increase engagement with candidates because it allows them to reach out about open positions on their own schedule.
- Provide Information Without Wasting Resources: Your recruiting team can also use chatbots to respond quickly and efficiently when candidates have basic questions about your recruiting process or open positions.
- Save Time And Money: Using a chatbot is an affordable way of engaging with applicants without recruiting teams having to dedicate valuable time and resources to recruitment communications. Chatbots allow you to engage with multiple applicants at once while still providing an exceptional recruiting experience.
- Promotes Your Brand Image: Chatbots are also beneficial to recruiting teams because they provide a positive recruiting experience for applicants. If the chatbot is programmed correctly, it can be used to answer any applicant's questions in an effective and efficient manner while still mimicking your company's tone and style.
XOR: Best Chatbox Recruiting Tools
XOR is an enterprise recruiting chatbot that helps recruiting teams increase engagement with applicants, provide information without wasting resources, and save time as well as money. XOR allows you to boost the number of high-quality hires you can find by ensuring quality candidates are engaged throughout the application process, especially if they have questions or concerns.
Generative AI: Improve the Candidate and Client Experience
This AI language model allows you to automate and improve your recruitment process. You can use our ChatGPT recruitment cheatsheet to create interview questions, write job advertisements, create job description templates of any kind, create professional and personalized email templates, and more.
3. Job Boards
Job boards are among the best recruitment sourcing tools that allow recruiting teams to post their open positions and to which candidates can apply. This is one of the popular recruiting tools that come in all shapes and sizes, some are global and pretty general such as Indeed, while others focus on a specific region, industry or line of work. Some are free while others offer paid options in order to increase the exposure of the job ads. In any case, it is important to study the market before posting your job ads in order to select the channels that are likely to yield the best results.
Benefits Of Job Boards
- Best for Job Advertising: Most recruiters agree that attracting top talent is the most effective way to advertise jobs online. Not all recruitment agencies or HR departments have enough time or money to dedicate to building a large number of relationships with potential candidates.
- Targeted Reach For Your Open Positions: If you're looking for ways of targeting specific types of candidates, the job boards can be a good solution as a lot of them offer targeting options, or specialize on specific segments of the candidates market such as industries, location and more.
- Great to Build a Candidate Database: As there is no faster way to find good candidates than to reach out to candidates you already had an interaction with in the past. Job boards provide recruiting teams with the opportunity to rapidly build a candidate database that can be leveraged at a later stage with an ATS like Manatal.
Grammarly: Error-Free and Clear Job Descriptions
You need to ensure that your job descriptions are free of spelling and grammar mistakes and clear. We recommend you use Grammarly to help you write clear, concise, and error-free job descriptions. The tool can also help you tailor your job description to your target audience by suggesting the best words, phrases, and styles for your industry and role.
LinkedIn: Best Job Board
The “best job board’ really depends on the specific requirements of each position. However, we have selected LinkedIn for its global reach, the familiarity most of us have with the platform, and finally for the number of free and paid options the platform offers when it comes to job ad posting.
Zapier: Automate Your Recruitment Workflow
It’s a great tool that allows you to connect different apps and automate tasks between them. You can use Zapier to integrate Manatal with thousands of other apps, such as job boards, email marketing, social media, and more. This way, you can streamline your recruitment workflow and save time and resources. For example, you can use Zapier to:
- Automatically create candidates in a spreadsheet from new applications on job boards like LinkedIn.
- Send personalized emails to candidates using tools like Mailchimp or Gmail after they’ve sent their applications.
- Share your job openings on social media platforms like Facebook.
- Track your recruitment metrics and generate reports using tools like Google Sheets or Airtable.
4. Video Interviews
Video interviews are the new normal with the rise of remote work. These recruiting tools allow recruiters to interview applicants via their computer or mobile device, and even for applicants to directly submit video applications. This is ideal for recruiting teams looking for quick, easy, and efficient ways of assessing talent. This avoids the need to invest in costly resources like onsite visits and greatly speeds up the hiring process. Video interviews allow recruiting teams to communicate with applicants through an online platform while making the entire process more efficient and cost-effective. Some platforms even allow to set up virtual interviews where the computer asks questions and records the candidates’ responses for later examination.
Benefits Of Video Interviews
- Reduces The Hire Time: Video interviews are recruiting tools that recruiters can use to reduce the time spent on assessing talent. This is because video interviews allow recruiting teams to assess applicants before scheduling or even replacing face-to-face interviews. This allows recruiting teams to make decisions faster and more effectively without needing extra resources.
- Streamlines Entry Level Positions: If recruiting teams are looking for recruiting tools that can be used to streamline entry-level positions, then video interviews allow them to efficiently assess the basic skills of potential employees through an online platform with little or no extra resources required.
- Cost-effective: Another benefit that recruiting teams will find when using video interviews as recruiting tools is the fact that they're cost-effective. This is because recruiting teams can use the same platform to communicate with multiple applicants and schedule interviews for later, creating a cost-effective process as opposed to onsite visits or phone interviews.
- Ensures A Good Fit: Video interviews are recruiting tools that allow recruiting teams to assess potential employees' personalities to ensure they fit with company culture. This is important because it guarantees a good fit between applicants and positions, providing an efficient recruiting process without needing to invest in costly resources beyond what's already required by your organization.
InterviewStream: Best Video Interview Recruiting Tool
InterviewStream is an interview software that offers various solutions to your hiring issues. From one-way interviews to live interviews, it's up to you how you go about checking out potential employees. With InterviewStream, not only can you check resume stats like biographical info and work history, but also their video responses. It does all this while claiming to cut down time spent on hire time by 56%!
5. Assessment and Testing
Recruitment Assessment and Testing tools allow recruiting teams to conduct pre-employment tests with applicants in order to assess their skill set, personality type, or other factors that will be important for the position they're interviewing for. This may be through multiple choice questions or open-ended assessments that provide insight into how potential employees make decisions on teamwork, leadership skills, and ownership. Plus, your questions can be adjusted to fit the specific framework of your business and the skills you find essential for the position.
Recruitment assessment solutions can help recruiting teams determine what kind of person is best suited for a given job opening within your organization before investing resources in bringing them to your company for an interview.
The Benefits Of Assessments And Testing
- Faster Hiring Process: Assessments and tests are recruiting tools that allow recruiting teams to assess each candidate's skills, personality type, or other factors that will be important for the position they're interviewing for without ever having to contact them. This allows recruiting teams to cut down on time spent reviewing resumes.
- Reduces Hiring and Training Costs: Assessments and tests allow recruiting teams to reduce costs by ensuring they hire the best candidate for their position the first time around. This saves money on not only hiring but also training because you'll be sure your team is ready to hit the ground running once hired.
- Increases Likelihood of A High-Quality Candidate: Assessments and tests provide recruiting teams with a way to assess an applicant's skills, personality type, or other factors that will be important for the position they're interviewing for before investing resources in bringing them onsite. This increases the likelihood of only recruiting high-quality candidates.
Applied: Best Assessment And Testing Recruiting Tool
Applied is a recruiting tool that helps teams ensure candidates are a good fit for their company. Through the use of its hiring assessment and testing software, you can assess applicants on skills such as teamwork or leadership before investing resources in bringing them to your organization for an interview.
6. Recruitment CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
Engaging and tracking leads, nurturing clients and working on their openings is a huge part of any recruitment agency’s processes. This makes recruitment CRM an indispensable tool for agencies. The most innovative software in the market now combines both CRM and ATS functions eliminating the need to run two platforms concurrently. With one system, you can now centralize all lead, client and candidate data and interactions under one roof.
Customize the CRM pipeline stages according to your business needs
The Benefits Of Recruitment CRM
- Essential For Recruiters Who Handle Customers: Recruitment CRM is the ultimate recruiting tool for any recruiting team that works with clients. With one central platform, recruiting teams can better engage and collaborate with each party, all the while eliminating the need to pay for two separate solutions.
- Increase Sales: By managing your contacts in a single application, recruitment CRMs allow you to increase sales by engaging and tracking leads more efficiently. These recruiting tools help make the sales process more efficient, significantly enhancing your company's bottom line.
- Contains Complete Information In One Place: Recruitment CRM allows recruiting teams to keep all of their client's information in one centralized location, and link these clients with their vacancies and candidates that were submitted. This not only saves time by eliminating steps between systems but also makes it easy to access any necessary data for each relationship.
Manatal: The Best Recruitment CRM Recruiting Tool
Manatal offers the number one recruitment CRM tool that helps agencies keep their commercial and recruitment operations organized and efficient. With one end-to-end solution, recruiting teams can engage with customers more efficiently while maintaining complete information about every opportunity within the same system! Finally, Manatal’s recruitment CRM suite comes at no additional cost!
Does My Business Need A Recruiting Tool? Yes! The question is which one.
When it comes to streamlining your recruiting process, finding the right recruiting tool is essential to your company's success. While an ATS will suffice to boost most companies’ processes, a recruitment CRM is an essential addition for any recruitment agency.
Recruiting tools are a great way to help recruiting teams modernize their recruiting practices and better engage with candidates and clients. Finding the right recruitment tool is essential for your business if you're looking to compete and scale in today’s market!
Liked what you read?