Are you mechanically-minded, enjoy being active, and working outdoors as part of a team? We are currently looking to add an Inspector for our construction projects to our dynamic operations team.
- Responsible for ensuring installations are in compliance with all applicable codes & standards (internal & external).
- Responsible for coordination of day-to-day activities related to construction projects, including records, status reporting, and financial processes.
- Review all plans and specifications to ensure overall compliance with City Building Code, as required.
- Collaborate with partners for recommended changes to construction drawings/details to improve costs and installation efficiencies.
- Inform the Supervisor to provide input and monitoring of potential financial impacts due to on-site scope of construction project changes or field-related issues.
- Oversight of work performed by contractors.
- Observe and report on any contractual and non-contractual infractions of safety, security, operational interference, or customer inconvenience.
- Liaise with contractors, staff, utility companies, local municipalities, and other external agencies.
- Prepare reports for active construction contracts and deficiencies, including following up on required corrective actions.
- Related degree or diploma and two years of previous related experience (construction or survey experience, preferred)
- A minimum of two years of previous field operations and/or construction supervisor experience
- Knowledge of construction inspection practices, construction materials, and equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven knowledge of customer focus, interpersonal skills, and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proficient at reading drawings and renderings