We are seeking a driven, passionate, and detail-focused Accounting Specialist to join our team! The ideal candidate will have experience in specialized accounting with a variety of different experiences throughout their career. The focus of the role is to undertake specific and specialized accounting duties that are not completed by other team members, which could be forensic accounts investigation, analysis of specific types of data, or audits of the company’s general accounts.
- Develop an understanding of the company’s financial situation, goals, and objectives.
- Liaise with all accounts team members to develop good rapport and assist with specialized functions that need to be completed.
- Work with the CFO and accounts director to obtain and execute sometimes confidential tasks such as a forensic financial investigation.
- Always maintain exceptional levels of confidentiality.
- Work discreetly when required.
- Conduct various specialized functions as needed.
- Use various softwares to investigate, audit, and report the company’s financials.
- Provide training and coaching to other team members to perform new or specialized tasks.
- Monitor the department's specialized accounts requirements.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports and audits.
- Analyze data as required for various purposes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Finance, Business Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in specialized accounting
- Certified Accounting credentials relevant to the local state/city you reside
- Demonstrated ability to conduct thorough and concise investigations
- Experienced with understanding and upholding confidentiality
- Adept with data analysis and all aspects of financial accounting
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to mentor and train others
- High level of attention to details
- Highly organized