We are seeking a driven, detail-focused, and leadership-driven Accounting Supervisor to join our team! The ideal candidate will have worked up through the ranks of the accounting world and be adept with the supervision and management of accounts and financials. The focus of the role is to supervise the accounts team for both the accounts receivable, payable, and payroll teams to ensure the highest level of accuracy and a minimum number of errors are made.
- Develop and implement an effective staff rota to always ensure cover.
- Understand the department and team KPIs and convey those to the team.
- Ensure the team is hitting KPIs and exceeding them where possible.
- Provide support and training to team members.
- Review and oversee the accounts receivable, payable, and payroll functions on a regular basis to ensure they are error-free.
- Run monthly, weekly and annual reports on the performance of the team, the amount of financial information processed, and identify errors or repeated errors in the work.
- Analyze data for reporting purposes.
- Liaise with the Accounts manager and HR departments to hire new personnel for the department.
- Conduct regular performance reviews with team members.
- Provide conflict resolution within the team.
- Mentor, train, and assist team members with attaining specific training, qualifications, or general system usage.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Finance, Business Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience within an accounting role, preferably as a lead or supervisor
- Certified Accounting credentials relevant to the local state/city you reside
- Adept with data analysis and all aspects of financial accounting
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to mentor and train others
- High level of attention to detail
- Highly organized