We are seeking a detail-focused, service-driven, and analytically minded Assistant Bookkeeper to join our team. The ideal candidate will have great math skills, the ability to pay close attention to detail, and previous experience in a bookkeeping role. The key focus of the role will be to support the accounting and bookkeeping team in ensuring the books and accounts are kept up to date, in good order, and filed on time.
- Liaise with the Accounts Manager to ascertain priorities on any given day.
- Review the company’s expenditure as required.
- Review the company's incoming monies as required.
- Match up incoming and outgoing payments with remittances or invoices.
- Ensure invoices and remittance advisories are filed.
- Ensure the funds coming in match the expected funds and the funds going out match the expected outgoings.
- Report any suspicious activity or abnormalities in the books.
- Assist with producing reports for tax purposes.
- Fill out all tax documentation as required.
- File taxes on time and in the correct way according to the company's policy.
- Request information from executives or senior partners regarding expenditure.
- Process business expenses and employee expenses.
- Ensure expenses are deducted from profits or net profit prior to filing taxes.
- Prepare reports for the Accounts Manager as required.
- Keep up to date with industry standards in bookkeeping and continue education or workshops as required.
- Bachelors’ Degree or above in Finance, Business Finance, Accounting, or related field or vocational qualification and relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in finance-related or bookkeeping role
- Demonstrated knowledge of bookkeeping best practices
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adept with using computer programs such as Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks, or other software as required
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure to specific deadlines
- Great Math skills