We are seeking a detail-focused, service-orientated, and leadership-driven Assistant Branch Manager to assist with heading up the local branch operations and join our team. The ideal candidate for this position will possess a strong background in retail and personal banking, be adept with daily functions required to ensure the success of a branch, and have great leadership and people skills. The key focus of the role will be to assist with monitoring the everyday operations of the branch, oversee the team members working in the branch, and prepare timely performance and productivity reports for the head office.
- Liaise with the head office to assist in developing and implementing new initiatives and procedures.
- Work alongside the branch manager to prepare and present performance, productivity, and other monthly reports to the head office.
- Assist with the management of the on-site team, and oversee the work being carried out.
- Assist with ensuring continuous training and development of the branch staff, book training sessions, and hold regular update meetings on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Assist with conducting quarterly and annual performance reviews with all team members.
- Ensure that the branch operates in line with opening and closing hours and in line with regulator guidance.
- Organize branch upgrades, repairs, and services to equipment when required.
- Liaise with the HR department to resolve staffing issues and hire and train any new employees.
- Assist with managing the staff rota to ensure adequate cover at all times.
- Be the backup emergency contact for the branch in case of a break-in or the alarm sounding.
- Assist with setting out the branch budget and KPI’s for staff members to follow.
- Create a monthly budget and financial reports for the head office.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in maths, business, or related field, or equivalent working experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within a management or supervisory based role within the finance or banking industry
- Well-developed customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good leadership skills
- Effective delegator
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Great math skills
- Adept with using computer programs such as Excel, Outlook, or other software as required
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal