We are looking for a Curator with a keen eye for detail to help us collect, reference, and display artifacts and art. Responsibilities include negotiating acquisitions and loans, raising funds, and recording information regarding the art pieces.
- Research and record information about potential acquisitions.
- Manage business-related tasks such as financing, marketing, and acting as a liaison for the company at public events.
- Negotiate loans and purchases.
- Fundraising to expand the collection and support research.
- Manage the acquisition, storage, and exhibition of collections and related materials, including the selection of exhibition themes and designs.
- Ensure that art pieces are stored in good condition.
- Hire, train and manage curatorial, fiscal, technical, research, and clerical staff members.
- Develop and maintain processes for cataloging and recordkeeping using computer databases.
- Assess the need for repairs and ensure that climate and pest control issues are addressed.
- Review grant journal articles, proposals, publicity materials, and institutional reports.
- Authenticate origin, composition, history of acquisitions and assess their current value.
- Bachelor degree in History, Art, or related field
- 6+ years of curating, museum management, or other relevant experience
- Prior fundraising experience
- Good negotiation skills
- Good eye for detail and compelling pieces
- Excellent research and communicative abilities
- Can work independently to achieve the company’s objectives