We are seeking a hands-on, motivated, and knowledgeable electrician to join our team. The ideal candidate will be proficient with the installation, diagnosis, and repair of electronic devices and electrical installations in homes, businesses, and commercial buildings during the construction phase and also the finishing stages.
- Read, understand, and review blueprint documents of buildings.
- Install, maintain and control all aspects of lighting and wiring systems in both residential and commercial structures.
- Inspect, maintain and repair all electrical components such as circuit breakers, transformers, isolators, etc.
- Use all testing equipment available to test, diagnose and report on faults.
- Replace and repair wiring on all building types using a variety of tools including handheld tools, battery-operated tools, air tools, and power tools.
- Keep up to date with and follow the local guide for electrical installation and repair within the locality they work in.
- Direct, and train other electricians and installers to complete work to a high standard, delegate effectively to a team project.
- High school diploma or college certification in Electrics
- Apprenticeship/internship in electrics (time served)
- Electrical certification relevant to the country of operation
- Able to identify wire colors by looking at them
- Ability to make decisions and critically think throughout the electrical process
- Good customer service skills when dealing with residential or commercial clients
- Able to be physically active, lift a minimum of 25KG without assistance, and able to ensure physically demanding tasks such as kneeling, lying, or standing for long periods of time, including the use of ladders
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Good knowledge of health and safety and PPE requirements
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to remedy problems quickly and effectively
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent delegation and problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills and ability to complete jobs within agreed timescales
- Ability to effectively communicate complications or issues that arise during projects