We are seeking a geologist to plan our projects that involve geology and analyze geological data. You'll get to travel to interesting locations while working on extraction and mining projects and studying the earth. As a result, you will require excellent project management and organizational skills. You should feel at ease using technological tools, data, and geologic modeling. We'd like to meet you if you fit the job description's requirements and are passionate about the earth and its intricate details.
- Schedule field sampling activities and geology projects (such as oil extraction and water pipe construction).
- Conduct site surveys and use GIS to produce logs (such as boreholes) and maps.
- Compile and evaluate geological data.
- Organize research initiatives.
- Examine the makeup of samples and specimens. Use the right equipment to measure and test fossils, rocks, soil, ores, and other materials (e.g., X-rays).
- Report findings in writing.
- Monitor projects for quality and conduct quality control on the suitability of materials (such as metals for construction purposes).
- Examine and research potential natural resource deposits (e.g., oil).
- Offer advice on a variety of geology-related topics, including resource management, waste management, gas extraction methods, and more.
- Ensure construction and production projects adhere to all applicable environmental regulations (e.g., oil wells)
- Proven work experience as a geologist
- Experience using geology software (such as ArcGIS and Rockware) and other data and modeling tools. Experience with a variety of geological techniques, such as mining, boring, and numerical modeling (e.g., Adobe Illustrator, GoCAD)
- Understanding of environmental laws
- Thorough familiarity with the properties of ores, soil, minerals, and other substances
- Data handling and 3D model analysis skills
- A critical intellect
- Focus on details
- Strong communication abilities (oral and written)
- Capacity for organization and collaboration
- A degree in geosciences or geology