We are seeking individuals who have experience, knowledge, and skill as an Ironworker to fill a full-time open position. The ideal candidate will be doing ironworking work for various projects.
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings, and specifications.
- Work with crane operators to position units according to blueprints.
- Inspect structures and equipment for deterioration, defects, or failure to comply with specifications or regulations.
- Align, weld, or bolt units in place.
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework, and other working platforms.
- Dismantle metal, precast concrete, or laminated timber buildings and other structures.
- Fabricate and repair ornamental iron and non-ferrous components.
- Reinforce concrete structures by positioning and securing steel bars or metal mesh in concrete forms.
- 1-2 years of related experience is required
- Must be comfortable heavy lifting over extended periods of time
- Have a keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated and capable of working with a minimum of supervision
- Must be punctual and reliable and able to work independently and with a team