An opportunity to join our team has just opened up! Our company is seeking an organized and skilled Meeting Planner. This role will focus on professional decision-making when it comes to preparing for our meetings. As a meeting planner, you will be required to make travel, catering, and scheduling arrangements when needed.
- Make a booking for meeting locations and stakeholders involved.
- Make catering arrangements suited to the dietary needs of clients.
- Work alongside with event managers to ensure the meeting is executed well.
- Prepare schedules for meetings; assign appropriate rooms for meetings.
- Create and distribute meeting materials before the start of meetings.
- Ensure all equipment and devices are up-to-date and functioning well.
- Liaise with the maintenance department to ensure rooms are clean and prepared in a timely fashion.
- Create budgets to control expenses suited to each meeting.
- Manage and supervise the meeting team in accordance with company policy and guidelines.
- Ensure that accurate minutes are taken and are sent out in a timely fashion post-meeting.
- Minimum of one-year experience in event planning
- Minimum of one-year experience in the hospitality field
- Maintains a professional attitude while working with clients and staff
- Superb communication skills while working with clients and other members of staff
- Excellent knowledgeable use of projectors, speakers, A/V equipment, and computers
- Proficient in minute taking
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills would be an asset
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure