We are hoping to employ an effective Packaging Engineer who can become an essential part of the packaging supply chain. They will be able to reduce unnecessary usage, implement packaging technology and save some money in production and distribution channels.
- Explore the hazards and environmental threats faced by an item in delivery and storage processes.
- Work with material vendors to source the ideal packaging materials.
- Use CAD software to design secure and space-optimized packaging.
- Design internal partitions, void filler, or other internal features.
- Liaise with the branding and graphic design team to ensure the packaging solution is visually appealing.
- Ensure the brand’s sustainability and environmental policies are adhered to.
- Test and assess the performance of multiple prototypes and iterations.
- Implement the packaging solution into the company’s production and fulfillment process.
- Create an efficient packaging process for both secondary and tertiary packaging.
- Ensure the packaging meets the final consumer’s end-of-life disposal options.
- Previous experience as a Packaging Engineer
- Knowledge of supply chain and packaging processes
- Familiarity with supply chain equipment and quality checking processes
- Able to operate and maintain any relevant packaging equipment
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Strong design skills
- Project Management skills