We are in search of a Payroll Director to join our team. Main duties include approving payroll transactions, reporting on compensation and forecasts, and ensuring compliance with the law.
- Implement and maintain payroll systems.
- Oversees payroll operations and procedures, as well as taxes and financial demands for payroll payments.
- Create short- and long-term strategies for continuous payroll improvement.
- Manages a departmental sub-function within the context of a larger departmental function.
- Develops budgets/policies/procedures, as well as functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function.
- Ensures that payroll modifications, such as new hires, terminations, and pay rate changes, are processed accurately and on schedule.
- Prepares and maintains correct payroll transaction records and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Review transactions to ensure all transactions are accurate.
- Validate permanent or one-time changes in payroll.
- Handle payroll discrepancies effectively and rapidly.
- Ensure compliance with tax and payroll laws.
- Coordinate with the HR and finance departments to prepare payroll reports and forecasts.
- Train staff for whom payroll is a responsibility on tax laws and regulations as well as best practices.
- Share material that allows new hires to understand the company’s compensation and benefits policies.
- Respond to payroll-related inquiries from employees.
- Stay informed of labor, tax, and insurance legislation.
- Collaborate with external auditors.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- 4+ years in payroll
- Experience with payroll software
- Familiar with HRIS
- Deep knowledge of tax legislation
- Strong write, reading, and communication abilities
- Organized and good eye for detail