We are looking to hire a Senior Accountant responsible for verifying, allocating, and reconciling accounts payable and receivable. The role’s responsibilities also include providing accounting reports, presenting their results, and analyzing financial information to summarize the company’s financial status.
- Perform daily accounting of cash flows in and out of the company regarding accounts receivable, investor equity, and expenses, among others.
- File daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, trimester, and annual accounting reports regarding all transactions performed by the company.
- Report to management every day regarding the day’s accounting activities.
- Assisting with the creation and preparation of budgets for management review.
- Be responsible for keeping up-to-date with accounting laws and regulations.
- Deal with all matters pertaining to accounting and tax documentation.
- File taxes for the company.
- Manage a small team of accountants and oversee their work.
- Train new accountants and take part in the hiring process when required.
- Collaborate with the finance department to share advice and updates on the company’s bookkeeping, and seek advice on financial questions in return.
- Ensure balance sheets and bank statements are accurate and in line with the company’s records and the institutions it works with.
- Assist in crafting company reports on accounting matters.
- A minimum of either a Masters Degree in Accounting and 3 years of accounting experience or a Bachelors Degree in Accounting in 7 years of Accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Demonstrable knowledge of tax, accounting, and other related financial laws and regulations
- Experience with financial accounting statements and general ledger functions
- Experience with software such as QuickBooks or FreshBooks
- Good MS Excel skills including pivot tables and Vlookups
- Aptitude for quantitative skills and numbers
- Leadership skills