We are seeking a professional, detail-focused Sterile Processing Technician to join our team! The ideal candidate will have a strong background in providing sterile equipment in a medical facility or clinical setting and have a strong understanding of infection control procedures. The focus of the role will be to provide a timely, reliable sterilization service to the clinic or hospital to which you are assigned.
- Liaise with various departments to ascertain their needs for sterilization of equipment.
- Collect equipment that requires sterilization.
- Ensure that all equipment is sterilized in line with company policy and infection control regulations.
- Distribute sterilized equipment to various departments within the clinical setting.
- Ensure that all healthcare, laboratory, and any other required equipment is sterilized on request.
- Work to tight deadlines to ensure that the flow of equipment meets the business needs.
- Ensure sufficient availability of sterilized equipment for all departments.
- Ensure that decontamination, infection control, and any other procedures are adhered to at all times.
- High School education or above
- Certification (NICHSPDP or ISCHIM) required
- Demonstrated knowledge of infection control, sterilization, and decontamination procedures
- At least one year of experience in a similar role
- Excellent attention to detail ability
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time-keeping skills
- Ability to prioritize own workload effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure, to agreed deadlines and time frames