We are seeking a detail-focused, professional, and friendly Unit Clerk to join our team. The ideal candidate must possess a wealth of experience within the clerical and administrative support sector and be experienced in the healthcare admin industry. The focus of the role is to be the first point of contact for visitors and patients attending the unit and to provide timely phone answering services, filing, and other administrative duties as required.
- Greet patients and visitors arriving at the unit and provide clear directions to the relevant waiting area or location of their doctor.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take messages and pass them on to relevant parties, send out emails with call back requests and transfer calls as required.
- Assist all incoming callers with scheduling appointments, changing appointments, or canceling appointments.
- Keep computer systems up to date with patients' information such as telephone numbers and addresses, and other requests.
- Ensure that all paperwork is always filed in a proper and organized manner for ease of access.
- Work in line with data protection rules and safeguarding guidelines.
- Maintain all office supplies and ensure that refreshments are kept stocked.
- Order all equipment as required and as instructed.
- Sort and process incoming and outgoing mail to the unit.
- Photocopy patient documents as required.
- Fax information to relevant doctors, medical teams, or departments as needed.
- Any other administrative duties as required.
- General Education Diploma (high school) or above
- Associate degree or vocational qualification in administration or clerical would be desirable
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative role, preferably within the healthcare industry
- Professional, friendly, and welcoming with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer systems, both Microsoft Office and EMR systems
- High level of attention to detail
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to use basic office equipment such as scanners, faxes, etc
- Polite and professional telephone manner