We are currently seeking a detail-focused, compassionate, and caring Veterinary Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate must possess a genuine passion for providing outstanding care to animals in our clinic, as well as a wealth of experience in assisting veterinarians in all aspects of surgery, bloodwork, labs, and other required areas. The role's key focus is to provide comfort, restraint, and care to animals when undergoing procedures in which you assist, including blood sampling, x-raying, conducting ultrasounds, gathering test results, dispensing medication, and ensuring a clean working environment.
- Work alongside the DVM to aid in physical and clinical work.
- Greet patients and their owners respectfully as they come in for procedures, check-ups and other reasons.
- Ensure that all patients are at ease whilst ensuring they are properly restrained for the required procedure or treatment.
- Take blood samples and run them in the lab under the instruction of the DVM.
- Insert IV lines as required and remove them when required.
- Ensure that patients' medical charts are kept up to date and monitor their progress.
- Collect and dispense lab reports to the DVMs.
- Conduct x-ray and ultrasounds under the guidance of the DVMs.
- Dispense medication for patients with proper instructions once prescribed by the DVM.
- Sterilize all tools and equipment after each patient has left and ensure a clean and tidy working environment.
- Keep posted on industry best practices and continue veterinary education by attending conferences and lectures.
- Associates degree or above in Animal care or related field
- Certification as a Veterinary Technician or similar depending on your country/city/state
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a veterinary assistant or similar
- Physically able to take blood samples
- Demonstrated knowledge of lab work and processes
- Sound knowledge of clinical procedures and hygiene practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous hands-on experience with using veterinary tools and equipment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Kind, Compassionate nature with a genuine love for animals
- Confident with using computer packages such as Microsoft Office and medical scheduling programs