We are seeking a driven, detail-focused, and analytically minded Anti-Money Laundering Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and be well versed in the international laws, guidance, and best practice in anti-money laundering techniques. The focus of the role will be to investigate and monitor financial activities within the business to ensure that all monetary transactions are real, and legally compliant, and that the business has a good monetary record to reduce the possibility of money laundering accusations. Manage the team, complete regular reviews, and dedicate yourself to enhancing training and knowledge throughout the AML team!
- Oversee the anti-money laundering team and their performance.
- Ensure the Anti-money laundering team and working within service levels, KPI’s and in line with the regulatory best practice.
- Arrange training for the Anti-money laundering team, including workshops, conferences, and any certification or refresher training as required.
- Review risk and complete risk assessments as required.
- Collaborate with HR to identify needs for new team members and assist with the hiring process.
- Conduct training for new hires.
- Complete employee and performance reviews with the team.
- Keep the team abreast with changes in the relevant laws, guidelines, and regulations for anti-money laundering.
- Investigate, measure, and report on the organization's risk of suspicious or fraudulent financial activity.
- Develop and implement strategies to follow anti-money laundering laws.
- Collaborate with auditors and regulators to minimize money-laundering risks to the business.
- Report and make notes and records of any suspicious transactions or activities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain and update your knowledge of anti-money laundering compliance rules, regulations, laws, and best practices.
- Take part in and lead anti-money laundering compliance training on identifying suspicious activity to other team members.
- Bachelors’ Degree or above in Finance, Business Finance, Accounting, or related field or vocational qualification and relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within an anti-money laundering role
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory or management role
- Demonstrated knowledge of anti-money laundering laws, regulations, and best practices
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to train, mentor, and guide other team members
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to report and present findings
- Adept with using software to analyze and gather data
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good computer skills, including Excel and Outlook
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure to specific deadlines
- Great Math skills