We are seeking a detail-focused, service-oriented Banking Advisor to join our team. The ideal candidate will be service-focused, with the customers' needs and best interests at heart, and have a strong background in banking and financial products. The key focus of the role will be to assist customers with all aspects of daily banking and beyond, including helping them prepare loan applications, finding the best credit card for them, and assisting with investments.
- Always greet customers with a friendly and positive attitude.
- Ensure you have the correct client-facing you before discussing options, including checking identification.
- See customers on a walk-in and appointment basis.
- Talk through customers' financial situations and future goals with them.
- Recommend suitable products for the customers such as credit cards, loans, overdrafts, investments, etc.
- Ensure that all affordability and credit checks are carried out by the underwriting team.
- Give customers decisions on their loan or credit card applications.
- Assist customers with filling in the application forms and advise them on what documents and evidence they require to complete the applications.
- Keep customers' records up to date on the computer system.
- Ensure all paperwork is filed in accordance with the bank's regulations.
- Provide advice, guidance, and any other assistance as required to the customers.
- Work with other banking advisors to solve problems or resolve customer complaints or queries.
- Associate Degree or above in math, science, business, or related field, or equivalent working experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a customer-focused role, preferably in a bank or financial institution
- Strong knowledge of banking products, such as credit cards, loans, and other personal banking offerings
- Excellent customer service skills with well-developed interpersonal abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Great math skills
- Adept with using computer programs such as Excel, Outlook, or other software as required
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure to specific deadlines