We are seeking a detail-focused, personable and professional Accounting Assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of basic accounting and excellent numeracy skills, along with great attention to detail. The focus of the role will be to provide support with both accounting, including AR/AP to the finance team, and also administrative support where required.
- Liaise with the accounting team to understand the upcoming projects and deadlines for the department.
- Assist with uploading invoices into the accounting system.
- Assist with reviewing all incoming payments, ensuring payments come in on time.
- Make telephone calls and follow-up emails to accounts that are overdue for payment to the business.
- Draft and send reminders and final demand letters to overdue clients.
- Ensure the reconciliation is completed on a weekly or monthly basis and that the totals balance.
- Respond to invoice queries in a timely manner.
- Input payroll data and information onto the system.
- Extract data if requested by other team members.
- Review simple data and produce findings.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Business, Math, Finance, IT or related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Good computer skills, adept with Excel
- Excellent Math skills
- Confident in the use of software programs related to finance
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Great problem-solving abilities
- Able to work as part of a team
- Excellent report skills
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize own workload and the workload of others