We are seeking a driven, detail-focused, and personable Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in an accounting role, preferably within accounts receivable, along with excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail. The focus of the role is to ensure that all outgoing invoices are paid on time and in line with supplier instructions, along with checking and matching invoices to the system and processing outgoing payments in a timely manner.
- Review all incoming payments and provide them with a purchase order number.
- Ensure the purchase order number is put onto the incoming payment.
- Ensure the payment amount is put into the system accurately.
- Ensure the company’s payment terms are adhered to and that payments come in on time.
- Liaise with clients to rectify incorrect funds received.
- Make follow-up calls to clients who are late or overdue with their payments.
- Draft and send out reminders, demands, and final demand letters.
- Process credit card payments.
- Analyze the bank accounts and match them up to remittances to allocate funds correctly.
- Ensure an effective and organized filing system for invoices.
- Ensure the workflow runs smoothly and seamlessly.
- Bachelors’ Degree or above in Finance, Business Finance, Accounting, or related field or vocational qualification and relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience within an accounting role, preferably accounts receivable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adept with using software to process invoices and payments
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good computer skills, including Excel and Outlook
- Highly organized
- Great math skills
- Good customer service skills