We are seeking a driven, detail-focused, and personable Actuary to join our team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in an actuary or analytical role, along with excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail. The focus of the role is to use mathematics, statistics, and analytical procedures to manage, estimate, and mitigate financial risk for the business.
- Gather and analyze statistical data and other information as required.
- Use data to estimate the probability and economic cost of an event such as death, sickness, accident, or natural disasters.
- Design, test, and implement insurance policies, investments, and other business strategies to minimize potential risk and maximize profitability
- Identify and calculate cash reserves needed, based on existing policies and liabilities, in case of a pay-out requirement or claims settlement.
- Create and produce charts, tables, and reports that explain and justify calculations and proposals
- Explain findings and proposals to company executives, government officials, shareholders, and clients
- Present data and analytics in an easy-to-understand format.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Finance, Business Finance, Accounting, or related field or vocational qualification and relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within an investment, risk analysis, or related role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to report and present findings
- Adept with using software to analyze and gather data
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good computer skills, including Excel and Outlook
- Highly organized
- Great Math skills
- Good customer service skills