We are seeking a detail-focused, organized, and professional Assistant Controller to join our team! The ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience in senior accounting roles, with a solid understanding of accounting procedures and best practices, along with being highly organized with excellent attention to detail. The key focus of the role will be to help identify and resolve discrepancies, along with helping to develop, implement and train other team members on control policies and procedures.
- Complete many aspects of accounting management such as billing, tax forms, reporting, etc.
- Assist in the development of internal controls and policies to work in line with legislation and established industry best practices.
- Assist in preparing financial statements in line with official guidelines and requirements.
- Manage and monitor journal entries, invoices, etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing as required.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts as required.
- Assist with preparations for annual audits or any special investigations taking place, such as forensic account investigations.
- Develop and produce reports for management or regulatory bodies.
- Review and monitor the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve risks, inaccuracies, or imbalances.
- Use accounting IT systems to complete processes and maintain records.
- Bachelors’ Degree or above in Finance, Business Finance, Accounting, or related field or vocational qualification and relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a finance-related or bookkeeping role
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial control processes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Adept with using computer programs such as Excel, Outlook, or other software as required
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure to specific deadlines
- Great Math skills