We are seeking a service orientated, passionate, and naturally creative caterer to join our team, the ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience within the catering industry along with catering for large events and high numbers of guests at any given time, organization, and prioritization will be key to the chosen candidate’s success. The focus of the role will be to provide catering services for all required events, and conferences, these could include weddings, business conferences, parties, and general catering.
- Liaise with management, executives, and events staff to ascertain requirements for catering of each event, including guest numbers, menus, and themes.
- Create and develop exciting menus for events such as weddings, parties, conferences, etc.
- Ensure efficient stock rotation of perishable items and ensure all food and produce are fresh and on date.
- Monitor inventory and place orders for items that need to be replenished.
- Cook and properly package/display both hot and cold food items, this can include cold platters and hot buffet-style food.
- Make effective calculations for food requirements based on the number of guests to keep costs down and minimize wastage.
- Ensure food waste is disposed of properly.
- Ensure that all required utensils are present, clean, and presentable for guests.
- Set and decorate tables with required colors and themes when required.
- Liaise with the events coordinators and clients directly to ascertain food allergies and ensure that these are noted and incorporated into the handling, creation, and cooking of all food items for the event.
- Oversee a catering team to ensure that all events run smoothly.
- Order and provide required beverages alongside the food as required such as wine, beer, and champagne, etc.
- Manage the catering budget and provide reports on budgets, spending justifications, and savings alike.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in catering. Hospitality or other related field, or equivalent experience in a managerial position with the catering industry
- Current food hygiene badge issued by the state/city or council
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively delegate
- Service focused attitude with an emphasis on providing excellent customer service
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Proven knowledge of food hygiene, food rotation, and inventory management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient with the use of computer packages such as Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
- Demonstrated ability to calculate numbers, financials and provide detailed reports
- Ability to cover shifts at short notice and be flexible