We are seeking an experienced and service-focused Chief Human Resources Officer to join our growing team. The right candidate will have a strong background in the HR industry and have held a senior position with an HR department. The focus of the role is to help the business be compliant in its HR functions and to deal with and implement changing laws and regulations into the department.
- Analyzing and evaluating existing strategies, policies, and procedures, identifying improvements, and implementing them with the assistance of department managers, directors and employees.
- Identifying the need for and creating training and development programs as well as updating existing plans.
- Taking the lead on recruitment efforts and processes.
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching junior and senior staff and scheduling improvement meetings with them where required.
- Creating and developing a healthy company culture that supports growth, development, advancement, and equal opportunity for all team members.
- Keeping up with ever-changing government regulations and policies and properly amending company policies as required.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of team-building plans and initiatives and staff development activities.
- Actively thinking of, researching, and implementing incentives that increase staff morale, happiness, and productivity.
- Acting as a brand ambassador for the business and promoting it positively at all times.
- Master’s degree or above in human resources, strategic management, business administration, or a related field or equivalent experience and education
- Ph.D. may be preferable
- Experience working in a junior HR role and working up to a senior role, including supervising or managing staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR software
- Hands-on experience and functional knowledge of national and state labor laws and HR functions
- Strong leadership abilities and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to achieve a common goal
- Effective problem solver
- Good attention to detail and analytical abilities
- Excellent organizational abilities with a great forward-thinking mindset and effective planning skills
- Able to effectively delegate and identify people’s strengths and abilities