We are seeking a dedicated, service-orientated Computer technician to join our growing team. The focus of the role will be to provide installation of software and hardware and assist users with computer functions and problems. The ideal candidate will be customer-focused, with excellent communication skills and good problem-solving abilities.
- Set up and properly install hardware and software on relevant devices, and configure software and drivers as required.
- Ensure proper maintenance and repair of all computer equipment and accessories including routers and printers etc.
- Set up and Install LAN/WAN and any other networks whilst managing components as required e.g. applicable servers, IP addresses, etc.
- Manage, improve, and develop security options and software on computers and networks to ensure security, privacy, and to provide effective protection from potential firewall breaches or hacking attacks.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all equipment by performing regular upgrades to ensure that all systems run on the latest versions of the applicable software.
- Troubleshoot all issues and problems presented by employees within the business including system failures and bugs.
- Arrange external maintenance by contractors if required.
- Keep clear and effective records of all repairs and fixes carried out for future reference.
- Provide fast, reliable, and well-mannered technical support and mentor users with new programs, systems, applications, or hardware.
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related fields, or the equivalent in experience
- Proven experience within the IT Helpdesk field, Computer Technician field, or other technical support roles would be an advantage
- Experience with setting up and maintaining LAN/WAN networks
- Thorough knowledge of computer software systems and operating systems and IT components for external hardware such as printers, routers, webcams, etc
- Good understanding of internet security and data privacy guidelines and able to implement them as required
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and customer-facing skills, with the ability to be patient and ask effective questions to eliminate simple fixes first
- Effective communication skills to enable a smooth and seamless service for the internal or external clients
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize your own workload