We are seeking an energetic, focused, and results-driven Department Head to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience in the HR industry with onboarding, excellent leadership abilities, and the drive to over exceed targets. The main focus of the role will be to support the HR manager with onboarding, screening, and data input, as well as setting and achieving goals and KPIs.
- Liaise with department managers to understand their staffing needs and the roles and responsibilities of the open roles.
- Lead the team to achieve targets and goals.
- Develop, implement, and justify KPIs and targets for the department.
- Assist the HR manager with onboarding, screening, and ensuring the recruitment process runs smoothly.
- Provide reports on the performance of the department.
- Ensure that industry best practices and new methods and technologies are applied regularly.
- Hold reviews and regular meetings with team members to address any issues and complete performance reviews as required.
- Gain feedback from team members and department managers on current processes and identify the need for change and improvement within the department.
- Manage and justify the department budget.
- Set and monitor realistic and achievable goals for the team and the department.
- Lead from the front and be open and honest with the team, inviting questions and suggestions at all times.
- Sit in on interviews and monitor the recruitment process from advertising through to offer.
- Ensure the ATS and other systems are kept updated.
- Ensure onboarding and compliance documentation is kept up to date.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Human Resources, Business, or other related field, or equivalent work experience and education
- Demonstrated experience working in a supervisory, managerial, or department head role
- Experience using recruitment databases and or ATS systems or other HR business software
- Good knowledge of social media activities and networking and how they can assist with recruitment efforts
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good organizational abilities and able to manage various projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to independently research without supervision
- Demonstrated experience in producing reports
- Outstanding leadership and management abilities
- Excellent influencing abilities
- Proficient with all Microsoft packages including, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Able to engage with people of all levels from directors to the front line staff