We are seeking a customer-focused, service-oriented and dynamic Front Desk Agent to join our team! The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer service skills, good problem-solving abilities, friendly, and professional. The focus of the role will be to act as the first point of contact for arriving guests, process payments, and ensure the quick and effective issuing of room keys.
- Cover the hotel front desk and greet guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Issue keys to guests according to their room and ensure the key cards are programmed to the correct room number.
- Provide guests with directions to their room and arrange for their luggage to be taken to their room.
- Process requests for wake-up calls and room service, and others.
- Check guests in and out quickly and effectively while ensuring they are comfortable throughout their stay.
- Provide guests with information about the hotel facilities.
- Call and book taxis and other transport for the hotel guests.
- Inform guests about various payment methods available and process payments.
- Respond to any guest complaints or queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure housekeeping is kept up-to-date with check-ins and check-outs to ensure rooms are cleaned on time.
- Confirm all reservations including those for groups and events, and ensure any VIP packages are put together and ready for guest arrival.
- Maintain accurate records of booking and payments.
- High school GED or an Associate’s degree in hospitality, Clerical or customer relations or other related field, or 2 years experience in a similar role and equivalent education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer-focused attitude with an approachable and friendly demeanor
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good leadership abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize your workload.
- Good computer skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Word and Excel
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work as an active part of a team to achieve a common goal