We are seeking an HR trainee to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be focused on learning and developing their career within the HR industry. Ideally, the successful candidate will have excellent organization skills and be able to work effectively as part of a team. The core focus of the role will be to provide support to the HR team whilst developing and growing your existing skills to effectively apply them to the role and future duties.
- Work with HR managers and specialists and ask questions to ascertain proper practices.
- Provide administrative support on the online system by keeping employee records up to date and accurate.
- Create and implement an efficient filing system both hard copy and on the internal system.
- Liaise with employees and external candidates to provide support where required and answer queries with regards to various issues such as payroll, benefits, paid time off, etc.
- Ensure the ATS & CRM systems are kept up to date with correct contact details for employees, including their bank details and emergency contact information.
- Manage incoming and outgoing posts.
- Schedule interviews, and manage calendars and diaries on the online system.
- Learn the employee benefits program including pensions, paid time off, and other benefits offered by the company.
- Learn how to complete payroll and maintain payroll records effectively.
- Make phone calls to new candidates and keep them updated on the status of their applications.
- Ask questions and make notes on HR best practices and procedures and implement them into the work you do.
- Keep up with industry best practices for HR standards.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal employees by assisting them with any queries they may have.
- Associates degree or above in HR, business, or other related field, or equivalent work experience and education
- Excellent organization skills
- Able to listen and follow instructions
- Able to effectively manage own workload and time to maximize output
- Effectively follow instructions
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience using a CRM or ATS system would be an advantage
- Experience with payroll and their programs would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of all Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- General knowledge of HR the best practices would be an advantage
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work effectively as part of a team to achieve a common goal