We are seeking an operationally driven, creative, and dynamic Senior Software Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a wide range of experience in software development, preferably with management and mentoring experience along with being adept with several programming languages and able to effectively meet client and stakeholders’ expectations. The main focus of the role will be to lead the development team, manage projects and timescales and oversee the work of other developers along with mentoring and training other developers to attain their very best potential.
- Create, develop, and design high-quality software and architecture.
- Prioritize and complete tests within the software development life cycle.
- Write clean, efficient code from scratch in order to effectively develop tools and applications.
- Use Scripting and other tools to efficiently automate tasks.
- Analyze, review and debug code where required.
- Undertake to test for validation and verification.
- Work alongside internal teams and external vendors to ascertain relevant improvements for products and implement them.
- Ensure documentation is kept updated regarding development phases and system monitoring.
- Monitor software to ensure the software is up-to-date with the latest technologies and updates.
- Continuously learn new and emerging programming languages and techniques.
- Provide mentoring and support to Junior Developers.
- Ensure projects are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- 2 years of work experience in a development role preferably with supervisory or management responsibilities
- In-depth knowledge of several programming languages
- Experience using SQL and MySQL for databases
- Experienced in scripting and project management
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize own workload and the workload of the team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Adept with using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- Attention to detail
- Able to take responsibility and accountability for own work