We need you! Our company is growing and is in need of a dynamic, creative individual to fill the position of Special Events Manager. As a Special Events Manager, you would be required to host events for clients, prospects, and staff. This prospect will need to be experienced in the field and possess exceptional organizational skills.
- Work alongside clients and managers to ensure the theme and goal of the event are executed properly.
- Work alongside the marketing team to ensure that they are promoted well.
- Ensure the events reflect the company’s standards.
- Make bookings for event locations and stakeholders involved.
- Make catering arrangements suited to the dietary needs of clients.
- Ensure invitations for events are sent out in a timely manner.
- Create budgets to control expenses suited to each event.
- Ensure the necessary permits are obtained for the necessary event.
- Hire and train staff in accordance with company policy and guidelines.
- Manage and supervise the event team.
- Associate’s degree or above in Event management, hospitality, or another related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in management, event planning, or hospitality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to delegate and prioritize tasks based on skill and competence
- Knowledge of legal requirements for events will be an asset
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to work with a flexible schedule in order to accommodate events