We are seeking a professional, personable, and kind Speech Pathologist to join our team! The ideal candidate will have a strong background in assessing, treating, and preventing issues relating to speech and language issues in young children, adolescents, and adults. The focus of the role will be to assist patients with attaining improved speech throughout various therapies and treatments.
- Make initial assessments of the patient's speech, areas they struggle with, and where improvements can be made.
- Develop and execute tailored treatment and therapy plans to suit their needs.
- Create a case file for each patient, including their treatment plan action plan and set goals for patients, and monitor their improvements whilst keeping their files up to date.
- Adopt various techniques to assist patients with speech therapy, ensuring that their sensory, cognitive, and behavioral needs are accounted for.
- Treat and monitor swallowing disorders in patients of all ages.
- Ensure that your work is conducted in line with safeguarding best practices and patient confidentiality guidelines.
- Make recommendations or referrals to other healthcare services or providers when required.
- Provide a safe, comforting place for patients to have their therapy sessions and ensure the best possible results.
- Build relationships with patients to ensure they benefit as much as possible from the treatment provided.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in healthcare or related health or scientific field
- Certificate of clinical competence in speech and language pathology or equivalent for your country/state where you will practice
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an internship, externship, or similar role
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and trust-building skills
- Ability to monitor and observe for long periods of time
- Confidence in note-taking and care plan creation
- Adept with working with people from different backgrounds, cultures, and diversities
- Strong understanding of safeguarding and patient confidentiality best practices
- Good problem-solving skills