We are searching for a grounded, astute business strategist, and effective leader to be the Vice President of Operations as part of the executive board and the organization’s team. The VP of Operations must nourish and promote a robust working environment. They will also widen the horizon of our reach both domestically and internationally.
- Drive the successful performance and delivery of the organization – lead and drive execution across the programs and products development/production including.
- Define and implement operations strategy, structure, and processes.
- Manage the quarterly and annual budgeting process and P&L responsibilities.
- Assist in developing budgets for the company.
- Monitor performance to proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions.
- Report to the Chief Operations Officer on a regular basis regarding the state of affairs of the company.
- Attend regular meetings with the Board of Directors.
- Audit work sites to determine safety.
- Evaluate the organization’s structures and procedures such as decision-making regarding increasing market capitalization or international business strategies.
- Assess the founding principles of the organization and determine if the company is in alignment with those principles.
- Represent the organization at events and media appearances.
- Arbitrate and negotiate differences and disagreements both internally and externally to promote a cordial company ethos.
- Organize meetings with executives and department heads to discuss management plans and the company’s direction.
- Participate in the hiring process of division heads.
- Interview, hire, and mentor the operations management team.
- Provide regular performance updates to the senior leadership team.
- Masters Degree in Business field
- 8 to 10 years of experience with a track record of implementing process improvements
- 5 years of managerial experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel)
- Bold leadership approach
- Willing to travel internationally including up to 2 weeks at a time
- Eloquent and articulate language competency
- Outstanding presentation abilities
- Proven track record as a team leader with an understanding of management practices
- Demonstrated project and budget management skills
- Strong business acumen with a broad understanding of fundamental business principles
- Analytical problem-solving skills with an impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to set overall strategy and drive process improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and build a consensus in a high-pressure environment