We’re hiring! Our team is expanding and we’re in need of a Wedding Coordinator. This exciting role will focus on planning and organizing events for beautiful married couples. This will consist of working alongside caterers, florists, wedding cake designers, and most importantly act as a liaison for the married couple to be.
- Work alongside couples to ensure the theme and goal of the event are executed properly.
- Create a budget to control expenses for events.
- Organizing a team of vendors for the wedding such as the caterer, venue coordinator, wedding cake designer and decorators.
- Coordinate with vendors to coordinate logistics and contracts.
- Ensure invitations for events pertaining to the wedding are sent out in a timely manner.
- Recruit, hire, and train staff in accordance with company policy and guidelines.
- Manage and lead the event team.
- Manage and oversee the wedding rehearsals with the wedding party.
- Create and follow a comprehensive timeline based on the events of the wedding day.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the wedding day.
- Associate’s degree or above in Event management, hospitality, or another related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in management or event planning; specifically, weddings will be essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to delegate and prioritize tasks based on skill and competence
- Knowledge of legal requirements for events will be an asset
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to work with a flexible schedule in order to accommodate events