In today’s competitive talent acquisition field, having a recruitment system is not just a nice-to-have option, but a necessity. A recruitment system can help you streamline your hiring process, attract and engage the best candidates, and improve your hiring outcomes. But what exactly is a recruitment system and how does it work? In this article, we will answer these questions and more.
What is a Recruitment System?
Let’s start with the biggest question; what is a recruitment system? A recruitment system is a comprehensive approach to attracting, screening, and selecting candidates that align with your organization's goals and values. It involves various stages and processes that work together to streamline the hiring process and ensure you are able to fill in open positions with the best candidates.
A recruitment system comes in the form of a set of tools designed to manage your hiring process and recruitment needs. It automates and helps in elements of your recruitment process such as job postings, managing candidates, scheduling interviews, and keeping applicants connected and engaged throughout.
A recruitment system can also be called a Recruitment Management System (RMS) or a recruiting software. It is often integrated with or supplemented by an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), which is software that helps you track and organize the applications you receive for your job openings.
Examples of Recruitment Systems
Recruitment Systems can vary in their functionality, features, and benefits, depending on the needs and preferences of the users. Here are some examples of recruitment systems that you can use:
Job Boards & Aggregators
This type of recruitment system are websites that post job openings from various sources, such as employers, recruiters, agencies, etc. They allow candidates to search for jobs based on keywords, location, industry, and other criteria. Employers and recruiters can also reach a large pool of potential applicants and track their applications easily.
Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
ATS is a software solution that helps employers and recruiters manage the entire hiring process from end to end. You can post jobs, collect and store resumes, scan and filter candidates, rank and score applicants, track and communicate with candidates, schedule and conduct interviews, collect and analyze feedback, generate reports and insights, and more within a few clicks.
Human Capital Management Software (HCM)
HCM is a software solution that helps you with the hiring process as well as other aspects of human resource management, such as payroll, benefits, performance, learning, development, and more. It also allows you to integrate their data and processes across different functions and platforms, as well as enhance your functionality and performance.
Talent Intelligence Systems (TIS)
TIS is a software solution that uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to help you find and fill in empty positions with the best candidates. TIS comes with the capability to source candidates from various channels, such as social media, online profiles, resumes, and more. It also allows you to enrich candidate data with additional information like skills, personality, and cultural fit. In addition, TIS enables you to match candidates with jobs based on their fit and potential as well.
Benefits of the Recruitment System
Using a recruitment system can bring many benefits to your company, such as:
- Saving time and money: With a recruitment system, the budget and time you spend with manual and repetitive tasks, such as posting jobs on multiple platforms, screening resumes, sending emails, etc. will be significantly reduced.
- Improving the quality and quantity of candidates: A recruitment system can reach out to a wider and more diverse talent pool, using data-driven algorithms to match candidates with job requirements, and eliminating bias in the hiring process.
- Enhancing the candidate experience: You’ll be provided with a user-friendly application process. As a result, communicating with candidates and providing them with feedback and updates can be done quickly and seamlessly.
- Boosting your employer’s brand: A recruitment system allows you to showcase your company culture, values, and benefits, and create a positive impression on potential candidates through a feature like Branded Career Page.
- Increasing your hiring efficiency: By tracking and measuring your hiring performance, identifying bottlenecks and areas for improvement, and optimizing your hiring strategy, your recruitment efficiency will be improved with more chances of successful hires.
How Does the Recruitment System Work?
A recruitment system works by automating and simplifying the various stages of the hiring process. Here are some of the common features and functions of a recruitment system:
1. Job Posting
A recruitment system allows you to create and publish job descriptions on multiple job boards, social media platforms, and your own career site within just a few clicks. You can also customize your job postings to target specific audiences and attract more qualified candidates.
Check out our guide on using recruitment systems for job posting here
2. Candidate Sourcing
After the job posting process, a recruitment system then helps you find passive candidates who may not be actively looking for a job but are suitable for your open positions. You can use various methods such as resume databases, referrals, talent networks, etc. to source candidates. Some recruitment systems use Artificial Intelligence (AI) to rank candidates based on their fit for the job.
Here’s 10 sourcing strategies you can use with a recruitment system in place.
3. Candidate Screening
Next, a recruitment system helps you screen candidates, which is the process to filter out unqualified or irrelevant candidates from your applicant pool by using pre-defined criteria such as keywords, skills, education, experience, etc. You can also use assessment tools such as tests, quizzes, video interviews, etc. to evaluate candidates’ abilities and personalities to weed out irrelevant talent.
4. Candidate Management
A recruitment system allows you to organize and manage your candidates throughout the hiring process with features such as tags, notes, ratings, pipelines, etc. to categorize and track candidates’ progress. You can also use automation tools such as email templates, reminders, or notifications to communicate with candidates effectively.
5. Interview Scheduling
A recruitment system comes with features such as calendars, availability slots, confirmations, rescheduling options, etc. to help you coordinate and schedule interviews with candidates and hiring managers while avoiding conflicts and delays.
6. Hiring Decision
You can use features such as reports, dashboards, analytics, feedback forms, etc. to compare and evaluate candidates based on various criteria to informed and unbiased hiring decisions. You can also use collaboration tools such as comments, chats, votes, etc. to involve your hiring team in the decision-making process.
A recruitment system helps you onboard your new hires smoothly and efficiently by providing them with all the necessary information and resources they need to start their job. You can use features such as checklists, forms, documents, videos, etc. to orient your new hires to your company culture, policies, and expectations. You can also use automation tools such as workflows, tasks, emails, etc. to assign roles, responsibilities, and goals to your new hires.
Choosing the Right Recruitment System
With so many options available in the market, how do you choose the right recruitment system for your needs? Here are some factors to consider when selecting a recruitment system:
- Your hiring goals and challenges: First, you should identify your hiring goals and challenges, such as the number and type of positions you need to fill, the quality and diversity of candidates you want to attract, the speed and efficiency of your hiring process, etc. Then, you look for a recruitment system that can help you address these goals and challenges effectively.
- Your budget and resources: You should also consider your budget and resources, such as the amount of money you can spend on a recruitment system, the number and skill level of your hiring team members, the integration and compatibility of your existing systems, etc. Then, you can look for a recruitment system that can fit your budget and resources without compromising on quality and functionality.
- Your user experience and satisfaction: Lastly, you should consider your user experience and satisfaction, such as the ease of use and accessibility of the recruitment system, the level of customization and flexibility it offers, the quality and frequency of customer support and updates it provides, etc. This allows you to look for a recruitment system that can provide you with a positive and satisfying user experience.
One of the best recruitment systems that can meet all these criteria is Manatal. It is a cloud-based ATS that comes with the capability to help you optimize your recruitment and ensure successful hire with the best talent. Here are some of the key features of Manatal:
- Candidate Sourcing: Manatal allows you to source candidates from various platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Indeed, etc. within one click. You can also create and publish your job ads across 2,500+ channels, including Indeed, LinkedIn, Monster, CareerJet, JobStreet, and more.
- Candidate Enrichment: With Manatal, you can go beyond resume parsing and builds comprehensive candidate profiles with data from their LinkedIn and 20+ social platforms.
- AI Recommendations: Manatal uses AI to match candidates with job openings based on their fit score, which is calculated based on various factors such as skills, experience, location, salary expectations, etc. It also uses AI to suggest similar candidates for each job opening. This way, you can find the best talent in your database and avoid missing out on any potential candidates.
- Candidate management: Manatal allows you to manage your candidates in a simple and intuitive way. You can use features such as drag-and-drop pipelines, bulk actions, email automation, etc. to move candidates through different stages of the hiring process. You can also use features such as tags, notes, ratings, etc. to organize and track candidates’ information and progress.
- Interview scheduling: Through the use of Manatal, you can schedule interviews with candidates and hiring managers in a hassle-free way.
As the talent acquisition sector gets more and more challenging, the recruitment system became an essential set of tools that can help you manage your hiring process and recruitment needs quickly and efficiently. It can help you save time and money, improve the quality and quantity of candidates, enhance the candidate experience, boost your employer brand, increase your hiring efficiency and effectiveness, and onboard your new hires smoothly.
However, not all recruitment systems are created equal. You need to know what to look for when choosing a recruitment system for your needs. Some of the factors to consider are your hiring goals and challenges, your budget and resources, and your user experience and satisfaction.
One of the best recruitment systems that can meet all these criteria is Manatal. With its AI engine, together with innovative features specifically designed to help you streamline your hiring process, attracting and acquiring the best talent can be simply done within a few clicks.
Start a 14-day free trial, discover more of Manatal’s features, and see how it can help elevate your recruitment game today.